Friday, January 20, 2006

Well, Slap My Face!

When will I learn?

Yesterday, I at least implied that the New Albany City Council meeting would be uneventful. I even went so far as to say the zoning ordinances would be handled as routine.

Boy, was I wrong.

Folks, you simply must attend these meetings occasionally, just to keep these guys alert. If you miss a meeting, you can't spot the lies when they begin to ooze across the floor.

A typical grandstanding tactic was again on display last evening when CM Coffey claimed to be "surprised" that stormwater fees would not be collected until the January Indiana American bills were sent out. Much discussion ensued, centered around what Mr. Coffey didn't know. "That's not what we were told" he repeated several times. Poor Chad McCormick was forced to bow and scrape until he was able to get the words out - "We (SWAC) have nothing to do with that."

Here's why you have to go to council meetings. I knew that. So why didn't Coffey et al? How did I know that? I heard it at Mr. Coffey's council meeting. I paid attention. And the whole room caught Coffey in yet another self-serving lie last night.

So when you hear another complaint about "communication," take up a collection for Q-tips so Dan can clean out his ears and hear what the rest of the room hears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home