Monday, June 06, 2005

What We're Up Against

From an earlier Volunteer Hoosier posting:

"...You are the government. Be personally active in finding out the truth. Don't let anyone else tell you what to think."

A response, by e-mail, from my new friend at corruptionstinks@aol.com

"You are so full of crap!!!! You and baylor -is the biggest joke running in this town....... "

Golly! I stand corrected. I suppose the admonition to "don't let anyone else tell you what to think" is interfering with someone's plans. I'm still listening for the laughter, but am glad to be such a source of entertainment. Even in a city the size of New Albany, being the biggest joke is quite an honor, even if I have to share it with my uncapitalized friend. And the wife tells me I'm not really all that funny.

And on a personal note, I am proud to be linked in anyone's mind with my friend, the esteemed businessman, Roger Baylor, who performs a singular service to this community. When you get tired of whacking on Roger, feel free to take a few swings at me.

(GRAMMAR GREMLIN: It should have said "You are so full of crap! You and Baylor are the biggest jokes running in this town...")

----------------------------------------
Randy Smith, destinations@sbcglobal.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home