Tuesday, March 22, 2005

White House Center Chosen for Meeting

Susan Kaempfer is going to be trail boss for the farmers market effort and a meeting is set for 1 p.m. at the White House Center, home of Develop New Albany, among others, and the nerve center where "The Renaissance Begins."

If you don't know whether I have your e-mail address, then contact me directly at ops@destinationsbooksellers.com and I'll forward your name to the organizing committee. There will be lots of work for volunteers, so if you just want to contribute via the blogs, that's OK, too. But if you have the time to give real effort to this, let me put Susan in touch with you.

If, out of the blue, you get an e-mail from skaempf.....then you'll know I gave Susan your address.

Things are looking good for a community-wide effort to make the farmers market attractive to vendors and entertainers and the community as a whole. I'm looking forward to some yellow tomatoes and fingerling potatos already. Potatoes for all you Dan Quayle fans.

1 Comments:

Blogger edward parish said...

First off thanks to who ever is responsible for setting up yet another meeting in the middle of the work day. That proves to me that they really do not want support or they would make it a time when the majority of the working class could have a voice.
Secondly I support keeping the farmers market in downtown but, as long as we still have a market to choose from on this side of the river and Silver Creek isn't that the main objective?

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 7:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home